Joelle M. Drucker, Esq.
Joelle M. Drucker is the principal shareholder of Drucker Law Offices where she advises individuals, companies and charitable organizations about all aspects of tax and estate planning, the administration of trusts and estates, and controversies concerning trusts and estates.
Prior to opening Drucker Law Offices, Joelle practiced exclusively in the trusts and estates area for nearly two decades at the national and international firms Greenberg Traurig, LLP, Mitchell, Silberberg & Knupp LLP and Sheppard, Mullin, Richter and Hampton, LLP. She was also an integral member of the prominent trusts and estates practices at Hoffman, Sabban & Watenmaker, APC, and Ervin, Cohen & Jessup, LLP.
- Worked as part of the legal team representing the Executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson
- Worked as part of the legal team representing a Co-Conservator of the Conservatorship Estate of Britney Spears
- Advises Trustees of trusts and personal representatives of estates with respect to all areas of administration
- Prepares estate plans tailored to meet each client’s unique tax and non-tax needs, including matters involving charitable planning, intellectual property rights, retirement planning, planning with limited liability companies, and generational planning
- Prepares federal estate and gift tax returns and has successfully represented individuals, estates and trusts in estate and gift tax return audits with the Internal Revenue Service
- New York University School of Law, Masters of Law (LL.M.) in Taxation, 1994
- University of San Francisco School of Law, Juris Doctor (J.D.), cum laude, 1993
- Law Review
- Recipient of American Jurisprudence Awards in the following classes: Wills & Trusts, Bankruptcy, Remedies
- University of California, Irvine, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), 1990
- Member, American Bar Association, Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Section
- Member, State Bar of California, Trusts & Estates Section
- Member, Beverly Hills Bar Association, Trusts & Estates Section
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Trusts & Estates Section
- Board Member, Board of Governors, Beverly Hills Bar Association, 2007–2009
- Chair and Executive Board Member, Estate & Gift Tax Committee of the Taxation Section of the State Bar of California, 1996–2002
- Editor of the Estate & Gift Tax Committee’s quarterly publication TIPS: Tax Information Perspectives, 1996–1998
- Chair and Executive Board Member, Trusts & Estates Section of the Beverly Hills Bar Association, 1998–2003
- Joelle has been recognized as a Southern California Super Lawyer in the area of Estate Planning and Trusts in
Los Angeles Magazine and Southern California Super Lawyers Magazine for 2004, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
Articles / Lectures
- Co-Author, Show Me the Money: Fiduciary and Attorney Compensation Issues, USC Law School 2003 Probate and Trust Conference
- Adjunct Professor, Estate Planning, University of West Los Angeles School of Law
- Lecturer, Estate Planning Basics: Know Them for Your Client and Yourself, The Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, Business Law Section
- Lecturer, Estate Planning: Wills, Trusts and Probate, Top 10 Things Estate Planners Need to Know, Pincus Professional Education Seminar, 2013
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Tax Court
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal District Court (California Central District)
- California State Courts